Pages

Tuesday 13 November 2012

Love Forever

He felt a soft hand on his forehead. He opened his eyes and there she was holding a cup of coffee and sitting close to him on bed.

"Good morning! Did you have a good sleep dear?", she asked with a smile. 

"Yes darling, I slept happily and also had a beautiful dream. Good morning!", he sat up on the bed, put his arms around her and held her close to him.

"Have this coffee", she said, holding the coffee cup to his lips. He took a sip and smiled. She too had a sip from it and then asked him, "Tell me about your dream, was I there in your dream?".

He chuckled and said, "How can my dream be beautiful if you are not there in it!". She smiled and said, holding the cup again to his lips, "Tell me the dream, I am so eager to hear it".

"Alright, listen.", he took a sip from the cup and continued, "One day God summoned all married couples on earth to a place unknown. You were with me holding my hand. I also saw many familiar faces.".

He had another sip from the cup she held to his lips. "And then?", she asked, taking a sip from the cup.

He continued, "God then announced that He was going to grant some wishes to all the couples but they would have to pay a price for it. For each wish, God said, people would be having two choices and they would get one minute to choose.".

"And then?", she asked him with keen interest, but did not forget to hold the coffee to his lips. She too had a sip and cuddled more close to him.

"God then presented His first gift to people.", he continued, "Many beautiful girls appeared behind all the couples. God said to men that they could either hold their wife's hand and move forward or they could go back and choose one of the girls and live with her rest of the life.". 

"You would not have even looked back.", she said, smiling. He too smiled and took the empty cup from her hand and put it on the table. "Yes. But I was both amazed and sad that many people went back and some even stood there thinking whether to move forward or back.".

She too shared his concern for those wives and leaned on him gently. She put her arms around him and asked, "And then what happened?".

He continued, "God presented the second gift to the people who moved forward with their wives. God said to men, that all men who would choose to move forward again would become blind by doing so but their wives would get immunity for all earthly diseases and those men who choose to go back would lose their wives.".

 She sat upright and looked into his face and said, "I know what you would have chosen, but I cant bear it, if anything happen to you. Why did you not choose to leave me?", she almost broke into tears. He placed his palm gently on her cheek and said, "Even if I go blind, I know, you will take care of me like the apple in your eye, but if I lose you, wont it be more painful for you and me? It is about losing my eye or losing me as a whole. And don't worry, it is just a dream", he smiled. She did not like the idea of him going blind, but she did not say anything but simply hugged him and lied with her head on his lap.

Lying on his lap, she looked at him and said smiling, "Tell me the rest of the dream.".

He continued, "Many couples separated there, some men did not want to be blind. Also some girls left their blind husbands, I felt pity for those men. There were only about hundred couples remaining.".

"World has so less lovable and loving people.", she said sadly.

He nodded and continued, "All remaining men were blind, including me. God presented his third gift. God told all the women to hold their blind husband's hand and guide them to the harbor which was about 100 meters away, and if they reach the harbor in one minute, their husbands would get their eyes back. He also told everyone to take with them anything they find on their way to harbor."

Lying on his lap she looked up into his face and said smiling, "Let me guess, there were diamond rings, gold chains, necklaces and everything on which a woman's eye would stop. Am I right?". He nodded. She kissed him on his hand and said, "You are my greatest treasure, I do not want anything else.".

He smiled and continued, "Many women left their husbands and went to pick up handful of ornaments. Some even dragged their husbands and picked up, with the other hand, anything they could find. But, you were holding my hand and running to the harbor and reached there before anyone else. "

"After one minute had passed, harbor disappeared along with the few lucky people who reached harbor on time. I got my eyes back and was so happy to see you again. You were more happy, kissing me all over my face", he said smiling. 

She was now really happy and curious. She sat up on bed and asked, "Then what happened?".

He said, "Only nine couples were remaining. Then God came to harbor with the ship to heaven. He said that He would take only one person from a couple to heaven and the other would be staying behind for one year on earth. God gave everyone one minute to think.".

She took his hand and held it tight. He continued, "Five husbands chose to send their wives and three wives chose to send their husbands. But, you and me, both of us did not want to send the other away, even if it was to heaven. One minute passed and God asked the ship to be sailed. The ship set sail to heaven with eight people. God then sent their eight partners back to earth to wait for one year before they were taken to heaven.", he paused. 

He looked into her eyes, held her close to him, smiled and said, "God then looked at both of us and said, 'Nothing can ever separate you, let both of you live happily on earth or heaven wherever you wish, as long as you wish, as Angels of Love.".

He then kissed her and she smiled.

20 comments:

  1. Awesome Work Dude. Made me Dream it Myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful :)..loved it...well done:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful..:) ..loved it..well done.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nalla story da..orupad ishtamay..keep on writing..wish u all the best..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome story.. i was dreaming it when i was reading them......
    The story-line is awesome.... the way u expressed each statements made me think of many situations.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. good work dude... like to have this dream in my life too ..... quite impressing lines good work man .........:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully written!! Dream or too much imagination..? Anyway.. Good.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice Story..Enjoyed reading.I feel dreams are thoughts which come up in our subconscious mind which we dont really have a control of ..but it would be someway related to our day to day lives..something which we have been thinking of recently..
    Good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful dream, beautifully told...so who is that person you'll give up earth and heaven for? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice story da....keep on writing....

    ReplyDelete
  11. good job...nice story...
    wishing u to write more...
    all the best..

    ReplyDelete
  12. good work.......

    ReplyDelete
  13. awsumm story......just loving it..:)

    ReplyDelete